Please note: additional user support materials are currently being prepared for the IATI Registry.
What can I do with the IATI Registry?
If you're an organisation wanting to publish IATI data: you can create a record on the registry that contains a link to your data along with any assosciated metadata.
This can be accomplished via the web interface or an API. For a donor publishing activity information, this will typically involve adding one record per country.
If you're someone who wants to use IATI data: you can search the metadata of the published records to information on particular donors or countries. You can then browse the metadata and get a link to the source IATI data, all via the web interface or the API.
How do I add data to the registry?
In order to add data (or "register a record"), you need to be signed in as an individual and assosciated with a 'Publisher' as defined by the registry. A new publisher needs to be approved by the IATI registry administrators before they can start creating records.
A new user from a new publisher needs to do the following:
- Click on "Login with OpenID" in the top-right of the screen
- Select an account provider (e.g. Google)
- Once logged in, click "Edit your profile" to specify your name and contact information
Create a new publisher and await approval
- Once signed in, click the "Publishers" tab
- Confirm you don't see the publisher you represent on the list, click "Create a new publisher" on the right.
- In the "Title" field, enter the full name of the Publisher (e.g. "Department For International Development"
- In the "Unique Name" field chose a unique identifer per the instructions (e.g: dfid, oxfam, hewlett-foundation) this will eventually be included in URL and API queries (e.g. http://iatiregistry.org/group/dfid) so make it clear.
- Fill in the rest of the information and click "Save"
- You'll see the publisher listed as "pending approval" until an adminstrator approves it.
Register a record / add data via the web
- Depending on what type of publisher you are (Donor / Community / Recipient) hover on the appropriate tab and click Register.
- Fill in the form of metadata, taking care to make a clear unique identifier (e.g. dfid-pakistan)
- Most importantly: add the URL of the IATI record you wish to add in the "Resources section" and press "Add Row to Table"
- Optionally press preview to check the record and then press Save.
- The dataset has now been registered and users can find and access it through the registry.
Using the API
A more guide to using the IATI registry API is still being written. For the moment, the majority of operations from the CKAN API are supported.